A 'Telehealth Consent' form must be signed by all individuals before an online consultation can take place.
Please sign both forms before sending them to email@example.com
What We Do
The Therapy Room is a practice dedicated to all things psychology, psychotherapy and personal development. As a practice our priority is to provide a space that feels safe, non-clinical and judgement free. Individual therapy is about developing greater insight about oneself, enhancing wellbeing, uncovering self-limitations and living your best life.
It is well researched that for best therapy outcomes the client needs to feel a genuine connection with their therapist. We are passionate at the Therapy Room about taking the time to align each client with the most suitable therapist. To address this our staff take the time to understand each client’s needs and expectations for therapy. Each client is then matched with a therapist from our team, all of whom have varied training and qualifications and a range of different therapeutic styles.
Clinical & Counselling Psychology
- Accessing help for our mental health does not have to be something that is done only when we are feeling overwhelmed or in a crisis.
- There are many times in life when we can feel sad, stuck, anxious, uncertain and unable to get the insight and tools we need to reconnect to our vitality and mental wellbeing.
- Therapy is a process of gaining from creating a relationship with a qualified health professional who can assist you to feel safe, supported and to create change in the way you think, feel and behave.
- At the Therapy Room we are passionate about removing the stigma around mental health and encouraging people to connect with therapy services to assist clients to access the right help at the right time for them.
- The power of group therapy can be incredible and different to the impact of individual therapy.
- Sharing the stories of other people in a safe, confidential and structured group provides opportunities to learn from others as well as to experience growth, change and comfort.
- We offer a range of groups including general and specific issue groups.
- All groups are facilitated by psychologists and include process work as well as an educational component in which you will gain resources for improved wellbeing.
Workshops and Masterclasses
- There are times where we feel the urge to grow, transform and reconnect to greater vitality.
- The Therapy Room offers a number of workshops and masterclasses that focus on aspects of mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Our format includes masterclasses that are completed in a few hours or workshops that run over a number of weekly sessions.
- Both weekday and weekend times are offered to fit with busy schedules.
- All workshops are run by specialists in the area of interest and will give attendees the opportunity to connect with new information and skills to enhance wellbeing and life skills.
- Losing a loved one or the sudden loss of anything we value in life is one of the most challenging periods for individuals to navigate.
- Grief is not always about death it can also occur at times where a major change in life is experienced.
- The support and guidance of a mental health professional is helpful to process the trauma and to assist individuals to refocus and understand the steps towards healing and reconnecting to the future.
- Navigating the journey to starting a family can be a difficult path filled with unexpected twists and turns.
- This journey can have implications physically, psychologically and spiritually for many people.
- The need for mental health support for individuals and couples on this journey can be under emphasised at times by the medical model.
- We offer support services to help with processing the potential highs, lows and after effects of the many and varied fertility experiences.
- Relationships are integral to our lives and our mental health.
- Social connectedness has been continuously linked to wellbeing and resilience across all models of metal health.
- Relationships do not have to be in a crisis to benefit from the help of a therapist.
- The Therapy Room has therapists who have specific training in working with relationships of all types including friendships, intimate, family, and professional relationships.
- There are a number of skill based and solution focused therapy models that are used by our therapists to improve communication, connection and conflict resolution amongst others things.
Who We Are
Our therapists are all people passionate about helping others and focused on assisting every client to feel welcome, safe and supported. The Therapy Room team includes only registered mental health professionals including psychologist and psychotherapists. There are many different therapeutic models and approaches to mental health. At the Therapy Room, we focus on creating a collaborative team that brings together therapists trained in many different modalities so that we can align each client with the therapist who suits them best.
Based on what each client who enquires tells us about themselves we are able to consider information such as:
[ What is the issue you would like to work on? ]
[ Do you have a preference for a male or female therapist? ]
[ Do you have a preference for a particular style of therapist? ]
[ Have you had therapy in the past and if so what
worked best or what did not work for you in that experience? ]
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Schema Therapy Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
Gottman Therapy Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
Psychoanalytic Therapy Eye Movement Desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)