Couples therapy is offered to support couples in both in working through issues arising in relationships including infidelity, difficulty with communication, life transitions and parenting and infertility and also in making big choices about relationships and working through separation. Group and family therapy and workshops are also available and the Relationship Room is also able to offer mediation, coaching and group sessions to businesses addressing both structural and interpersonal issues.
Individual therapy is offered for a range of mental health concerns including anxiety, depression, grief and loss, substance dependence and post-traumatic stress as well as general psychological wellbeing.
Our Therapeutic approaches include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, Systemic Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness based interventions, Interpersonal Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and Gottman Couples Therapy.
The Relationship Room offers both relationship counselling services for couples experiencing stress and strain in their relationships as well as counselling for individuals.
- We cover all issues that present in martial and de-facto relationships including conflict, loss of intimacy, disconnection, communication breakdown, parenting and infertility issues.
- Specialised couples’ therapies for infidelity and relationship repair.
- Individual therapies are offered to reconnect and revitalise relationships, enhance communication skills and address ongoing relationship issues. Helping individuals with life changing decisions in their relationships.
- Group therapy interventions and workshops for couples and individuals – at the Relationship Room we have experienced the therapeutic effectiveness of group work. Our group programmes include six-week couples’ courses, weekend workshops and ongoing therapeutic groups for a range of issues including coping with separation, surviving infidelity and communication and connection.
- Mediation and conflict resolution for small business groups is also offered and may include group process work or individual employee support sessions.