Couples Therapy is NOT covered by Medicare
GP Mental Health Care Plan for Individual Therapy
GP REFERRAL & MHCP – For initial Psychologist sessions
• The GP mental health care plan is for 6 Psychologist visits.
• Maximum 10 rebated Psychologist visits allowed per year.
• GP review is required before the 7th Psychologist visit.
|Psychologist reportTo GP after 6 visitsfor review.
|Client can claimMedicare rebatesfor 6 MHCP visits|
FIRST GP REVIEW – For further Psychologist sessions
• GP Review for more visits – 4 weeks after MHCP referral.
• Medicare confirm a standard review is for up to 6 more visits.
• But, only 4 more visits can be rebated in same year as MHCP.
• If still current, the 2 holdover visits can be rebated next year.
SECOND GP REVIEW – For further Psychologist sessions
• A 2nd GP Review can be done 3 months after the 1st Review
• Psychologist visits – still a maximum of 10 per calendar year.